Special Operations Rules
Special operation is currently covering a large part of IVAO operations. The way of how it is embedded and organized it’s not a discussable. We believe that the way SO should operate as real as it gets. In order to keep the joy of flying in combination with military ops, it is our target to give our fellow pilots and ATC members a hobby with educational moments.
- Single individuals flying a police, rescue or military aircraft complying with the ICAO-rules for the normal civil procedures are not performing "Special Operations" and are therefore free to do as they like as long as they obey the standard IVAO™ User Rules and Regulations.
- As soon as training, exercise or other operations involve more people at once and/or other than the normal civil procedures, they have to comply with the SO rules and regulations which can be found on the webpages of the Special Operation Department. These kind of operations include, formation flights, air to air refuelling flights, search and resque missions, air carrier take off and landing practices, low level flights, awacs simulations and any other operation proposed to and approved by the Executive Commitee.
- Before you start any kind of special operations we want to draw your attention to this quote from the IVAO™ Mission Statement:
- While simulation real world aviation "as real as it gets" we will avoid, at any price, to simulate or become involved in real world ethnical, political and religious conflicts and problems. We also will not allow the simulation of any form of agression or war. IVAO™ is an entertaining and educational network where every world-citizen, without any exception, is welcome to join the fun.
- In order to meet the contents of this quote, all air-to-air and air-to-ground excercises and attacks are prohibited on the IVAO™ network. Our network is established for flight and ATC simulation, not for war simulation. Fans of wargames are served well on various other places on the Internet.